Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Designing a distillation column with high liquid loading at high pressure system generally will encounter challenges due to
- High Liquid flowrate
- Low density difference
- Low Surface tension
- Low Separation efficiency
Downcomer design will be critical in High pressure - high liquid loading system. SULZER has presented special design considerations for above mentioned system in the AICHE annual meeting.
Except for a few odd services, high liquid rate applications are typically the domain of either trays or random packings. Aside from the distributors, random packing designs are rather straightforward with the designer choosing the proper size to accommodate the fluid flow rates and achieve the desired efficiency. Trays, on the other hand, have a large variety of adjustable parameters and can be especially complex, especially when designed for high liquid rate applications...
If you designing or operating a high pressure high liquid loading system, this paper may provides you some ideas.
- Jaeger Inc., many of us may already aware of this packing & column internal manufacturer
- Distillation Pilot Plant Design, Operating Parameters and Scale-up Considerations
- TAC - High Temperature Simulated Distillation (HTSD) and Petroleum Characterization...
- Operation and Control of Azeotropic Distillation Column Sequences
Any comments / advices ?..........Drop it in comment field (below) or sent a private email to me...