Sunday, December 11, 2011
Nowadays Smart phone has been commonly used by most engineers. A lot of handy application has been created to ease engineers like you for daily activities. Similarly DNV has created and released a "LNG Conversion Calculator" for Iphone user. It is FREE.
Above is snapshot of the DNV's LNG Conversion Calculator.
This LNG Conversion Calculator cover several important units :You may easily download from Iphone's APP STORE. Read more information in ITune.
- m3 NG
- ft3 NG
- tonnes oil eq
- tonnes LNG
- barrels oil eq
- m3 LNG
Following are some typical results :
- 1 x 106 tonnes LNG = 52 x 1012 BTU
- 1 x 106 tonnes LNG = 8.68 x 106 barrels oil eq
- 1 x 106 tonnes LNG = 1.23 x 106 tonnes oil eq
- 1 x 106 tonnes LNG = 2255.822 x 103 m3 LNG
- 1 x 106 tonnes LNG = 1.38 x 109 m3 NG
- 1 x 106 tonnes LNG = 48.7 x 109 ft3 NG
Provides global coverage of the entire LNG value chain.... >>
- Exact conversion subjects to molecular weight. Above is only approximation.
- Finding shows above was based on "BP Statistical Review of US, Energy" as source.
- Present version is 1.1. Only cover mass-volume conversion. Wish develop can expand it to cover flowrate to ease users.
- There is no clear definition of volumetric flow at condition i.e. at Standard or Normal condition, etc.